VP To Highlight Historic Manufacturing Investments In Georgia On “Investing In America” Tour
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 6, 2023
PRESS CONTACT: Eileen Garcia, (786) 486-1302, [email protected]
VP TO HIGHLIGHT HISTORIC MANUFACTURING INVESTMENTS IN GEORGIA ON “INVESTING IN AMERICA” TOUR
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, Vice President Harris will be in Dalton, GA highlighting historic investments in clean energy and manufacturing thanks to the Biden-Harris agenda. Her visit, part of the administration’s “Investing in America” tour, will celebrate an investment from Qcells to bring 2,500 jobs to Georgia by 2024 – on top of 380,000 jobs already created statewide since President Biden and Vice President Harris took office.
“We’re seeing unprecedented clean energy investments and manufacturing job creation in Georgia thanks to the Biden-Harris agenda,” said Building Back Together spokesperson Eileen Garcia. “These are good-paying jobs that you can raise a family on and investments that will spur innovation statewide. President Biden and Vice President Harris are delivering for Georgia communities that have historically been left out and left behind, and that’s worth celebrating.”
President Biden’s “Invest in America” agenda is delivering for working people across the country.
- Since President Biden took office, we’ve seen more than $435 billion in private sector manufacturing investments nationwide, including:
- Over $200 billion in clean energy, electric vehicle, and battery investments.
- Over $200 billion in semiconductor investments.
- Roughly $15 billion in biomanufacturing investments.
- 16 states have seen the single–largest private sector investments in their history on President Biden’s watch.
Today, the vice president will highlight historic investments in Dalton and across Georgia to expand opportunity for working families.
- Qcells, a solar panel manufacturer, announced a $2.5 billion investment to bring 2,500 jobs to Dalton and Cartersville.
- Since President Biden and Vice President Harris took office, Georgia has seen a boom of private investments – over $31 billion.
- This is in addition to $5 billion in federal funding for 177 infrastructure projects statewide.
- Under the Biden-Harris Administration, 380,000 jobs have been created in Georgia, and the unemployment rate has dropped to 3.1% — down 1.7 points from January 2021.
Read more about the positive impact of the Biden-Harris agenda in Georgia here.
Building Back Together is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization that serves as a messaging and organizing hub for national and in-state allies to advance the legislative agenda of the Biden-Harris Administration. BBT works alongside our partners to educate communities across the country about how the Biden-Harris agenda impacts their lives – by creating good-paying union jobs, lowering costs, and fueling economic growth – and contrasting these legislative accomplishments with the harmful plans of Republicans in Congress.