President Biden has laid out critical plans to make historic investments to grow our economy from the middle out, not the top down, and build our country back better for working and middle class families across the country.
There’s still more work to do. President Biden continues to advance legislation that will build a better America for working and middle class families. His plans will lower prices and put workers, families, and small businesses first by ensuring we make more goods here in America, reduce the cost of living for working families, promote fair competition in our economy, and eliminate barriers to good-paying jobs for workers across the country. And all of it will be fully paid for by making corporations and the ultra-wealthy pay their fair share.
THE BIDEN-HARRIS PLAN TO BUILD A BETTER AMERICA:
- Lowers costs of things families depend on, like health care, prescription drugs, child care, elder care, utility bills, and more.
- Makes urgently needed, once-in-a-generation investments in our nation’s future by tackling climate change, expanding health care to millions of Americans, and fixing our broken immigration system.
- Rewards work, not wealth, and is paid for by making the ultra-wealthy and corporations pay their fair share.
- Invests in America’s long-term economic growth by creating millions of good-paying jobs, boosting productivity, and easing inflationary pressures.
HOW WE PAY FOR IT:
- President Biden’s economic agenda will be fully paid for and reduce the deficit. It will build an economy that rewards work, not wealth, by lowering costs for working families and making the ultra-wealthy and corporations pay their fair share and closing tax loopholes.
- No one making under $400,000 a year will pay a penny more in taxes, and neither will small businesses.
- Expert economists agree that President Biden’s plans will ease inflation in the long-run while rebuilding our country from a once-in-a-generation pandemic and creating millions of good-paying jobs in the process.
President Biden’s economic agenda will create millions of new jobs, position American workers and businesses to compete in the 21st century, and create an economy that rewards work, not wealth. The President’s economic agenda:
- Creates millions of new, good-paying jobs rebuilding roads and bridges, modernizing our energy grid, caregiving, and investing in clean energy and clean water.
- Lowers the cost of living for hardworking families by making more goods here in America, strengthening our supply chains, and moving goods faster and cheaper; promoting fair competition and helping small businesses thrive; eliminating barriers to good-paying jobs.
- Reduces the cost of everyday expenses including energy costs, child and elder care, and prescription drugs.
- Treats care workers with dignity, and improves wages and benefits.
- Makes the ultra-wealthy and large corporations pay their fair share in taxes, while ensuring no American making under $400,000 a year sees their taxes go up, not one dime.
- Builds on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, which reflects the largest infrastructure investment in a century and puts Americans to work to fix what’s broken in America.
No one should have to choose between caring for their family and work. This plan will help ensure middle and working class families have access to affordable, high-quality child care and long-term care for the elderly. The President’s economic agenda:
- Improves pay and working conditions for essential care workers.
- Expands home care for older Americans and people with disabilities.
- Cuts child care costs so no working or middle class family pays more than 7% of their income for quality care for young children.
- Helps make sure the nutritional needs of all families are met. The plan will expand nutrition assistance, school meal programs, and summer EBT, which will help families with children receiving free or reduced-price meals buy the food they need during the summer.
- HEALTH CARE
President Biden’s agenda delivers the largest expansion of affordable health care in a decade. The President’s economic agenda:
- Reduces health care costs for millions of Americans by expanding access to affordable health care through the Affordable Care Act.
- Delivers health care coverage to 4 million Americans by closing the Medicaid coverage gap.
- Makes health care more affordable by lowering the cost of prescription drugs and creating a tax credit to help working families pay for health care premiums.
President Biden’s economic agenda makes universal preschool a reality and creates grants for low-income students and students of color.The President’s economic agenda:
- Establishes additional years of free, public education for the first time in a century with the addition of high-quality, universal preschool for all 3- and 4-year-olds, benefitting more than 6 million children.
- Expands access to affordable, high quality education and workforce development by increasing the maximum Pell Grant amount, making historic investments in HBCUs, TCUs, and MSIs, and investing in workforce development programs and apprenticeships.
President Biden’s economic agenda will save our economy and our climate by creating millions of good-paying jobs to build our clean energy future and deliver a fully clean electric grid by 2035. The President’s economic agenda:
- Creates good-paying union jobs by investing in wind and solar power, and electric vehicles made right here in America.
- Lowers energy bills for families with affordable, abundant wind and solar power, and helps families make their homes more energy efficient.
- Gives middle class families tax breaks on clean energy and clean vehicles.
- Grows domestic supply chains for wind, solar, and electric vehicles.
- Advances environmental justice by delivering 40% of the benefits of investment to disadvantaged communities through a Clean Energy and Sustainability Accelerator.
President Biden’sagenda invests in a more just and humane immigration system that keeps families together. The President’s economic agenda:
- Allows people to support their families and more fully participate in the economy, provides life-saving health care to keep our families and communities safe, and permits people to travel abroad to see family they have been separated from — often for decades.
- Provides temporary protection from deportation and employment authorization to approximately 7 million immigrants who have lived in the U.S. for ten years or more, including 1.6 million Dreamers, 3.6 million essential workers, and 360,000 TPS recipients.
- Provides funding to reform and improve our immigration system by reducing backlogs and investments in enhanced visa processing at USCIS.
- Allows people who were selected to apply for diversity visas under the last Administration — but were refused because of specific executive orders or were unable to complete their visa because of COVID-19 related restrictions — to reapply.
Every American — no matter their race or zip code — has a fundamental right to vote and to have their vote counted. A democracy that works is essential for a government that works, but today, Americans’ fundamental freedom to vote is under attack.
Since the 2020 election, hundreds of bills have been introduced trying to take away our fundamental right to the ballot box. We can safeguard the freedom to vote and the foundation of our democracy by adopting the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.
- The Freedom to Vote Act sets national standards for voting rights, ends partisan gerrymandering, and pushes back on the influence of big money in politics.
- The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act will protect against discriminatory barriers to voting — on the basis of race, language, or zip code — by preventing those proposals from taking effect in the first place.
- GAS PRICES
President Biden knows that families are feeling the pain of inflation and Putin’s price hike in their daily lives. That’s why he is using every tool at his disposal to bring down prices, including at the gas pump:
- The president has directed the release of a million barrels of oil each day from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve – the largest release in history.
- President Biden has also taken steps to investigate price gouging by oil companies to ensure corporations don’t take advantage of consumers while raking in record profits for themselves.
- President Biden is calling for a three-month suspension of the federal gas tax. This announcement demonstrates President Biden’s steadfast commitment to lowering energy prices for families using every tool at his disposal — he’s ready to sign legislation from Congress to suspend the federal gas tax for three months, through September.
- The Biden-Harris Administration continues to work to accelerate domestic energy production and fast-track our transition to a clean energy future to bring down prices for families.