POTUS To Highlight Historic Manufacturing Investments In Minnesota On “Investing In America” Tour
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 3, 2023
PRESS CONTACT: [email protected]
POTUS TO HIGHLIGHT HISTORIC MANUFACTURING INVESTMENTS IN MINNESOTA ON “INVESTING IN AMERICA” TOUR
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, President Biden is in Fridley, Minnesota to kick off week two of his administration’s “Investing in America” tour. The president will visit Cummins Power Generation Facility to discuss how his economic agenda is helping power our clean energy future while bringing supply chains back to the United States and creating good-paying jobs.
“Thanks to President Biden’s bold economic agenda, communities across the country are seeing billions of dollars in manufacturing investments and millions of new, good-paying jobs,” said Building Back Together spokesperson Olivia Eggers. “The president’s policies are investing in people and places that have historically been left out and left behind, in Minnesota and across the country. His agenda delivers for working people – unlike the MAGA alternative, which would raise costs, cut funding for manufacturing, and send jobs overseas.”
President Biden’s “Invest in America” agenda is delivering for working people across the country.
- Since President Biden took office, we’ve seen more than $435 billion in private sector manufacturing investments nationwide, including:
- Over $200 billion in clean energy, electric vehicle, and battery investments.
- Over $200 billion in semiconductor investments.
- Roughly $15 billion in biomanufacturing investments.
- 16 states have seen the single–largest private sector investments in their history on President Biden’s watch.
Today, the president will highlight historic investments in Fridley and across Minnesota to expand opportunity for working families.
- Cummins, a hydrogen electrolyzer manufacturing facility, is announcing an over $1 billion investment at three of its sites to manufacture low- to zero-carbon engines that will be used in its trucks across the country.
- These investments will protect thousands of current engineering and manufacturing jobs, and will support hundreds of new jobs.
- Since President Biden took office, Minnesota has seen a boom of private investments – over $2 billion.
- This is in addition to $2.7 billion in federal funding for 182 infrastructure projects statewide.
- On the president’s watch, 185,000 jobs have been created in Minnesota, and the unemployment rate has dropped to 3% — down 1.5 points from January 2021.
Read more about the positive impact of the Biden-Harris agenda in Minnesota here.