Under President Biden’s Leadership, U.s. Has Fully Regained All Private Sector Jobs Lost During the Pandemic
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 8, 2022
PRESS CONTACT: [email protected]
UNDER PRESIDENT BIDEN’S LEADERSHIP, U.S. HAS FULLY REGAINED ALL PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS LOST DURING THE PANDEMIC
AP: “US employers add a solid 372,000 jobs in sign of resilience”
CNN: “America’s job machine is firing on all cylinders”
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today’s jobs report shows that under President Biden’s leadership, the U.S. has fully recovered all private sector jobs lost during the pandemic, with 1 million jobs created in the last 3 months alone. Under the previous administration, we suffered record high unemployment and an economy in freefall, but thanks to President Biden, America is back to work and experiencing a historic economic recovery as we transition to a period of strong, steady growth. Not only are more Americans employed than under the previous administration – with record low unemployment, and a higher percentage of prime age workers in the labor force now than in all of 2018 – but Americans are finding better, higher-paying jobs than before.
“Since day one, President Biden has fought tirelessly to get Americans back to work, and today’s jobs report shows he’s done just that, getting our economy from on the mend to on the move,” said Building Back Together Executive Director Danielle Melfi. “The growth we’re seeing would not have been possible without the president’s decisive response to the pandemic through the American Rescue Plan. Regaining all private sector jobs lost during the pandemic is a historic milestone in our recovery, and reflects the president’s laser focus on building our economy back from the bottom up and middle out. President Biden has led the most equitable economic recovery in American history, and now, he’s fighting to lower costs and continue building an economy that works for working families.”
Under President Biden’s leadership, the U.S. has recovered all private sector jobs lost during the pandemic – a historic milestone for American workers:
- Today’s jobs report shows 372,000 jobs added in June as we continue to see near-record low unemployment nationwide.
- In the last 3 months, the US added 1 million jobs – growth we haven’t seen under any president in the 40 years before the pandemic.
- Not only are American workers employed in record numbers, but more have full-time jobs now than did in February 2020, before the pandemic began.
- This is no accident – it’s the result of President Biden’s pro-labor, pro-middle class policies.
- During President Biden’s first year in office, the American economy created more manufacturing jobs on average per month than any other president in the last 50 years.
- Our economy’s historic strength puts us in a unique position to bring down inflation, without sacrificing the gains we’ve made over the last 18 months.
President Biden is working to build an economy that works for working families – while the MAGA agenda wants to raise costs and taxes on the middle class:
- President Biden’s plan to cut the cost of essentials for families is fully paid for by ensuring the ultra wealthy and big corporations pay their fair share.
- The MAGA agenda would raise taxes on middle class families – including on half of small business owners.
- MAGA extremists oppose President Biden’s fully-paid-for plan to cut costs for American families – after having voted for the previous administration’s tax giveaway, which gives 83% of benefits to the top 1%.
- While President Biden tackles inflation head-on and fights to cut costs for families, the MAGA party has no plan to lower prices.
Thanks to President Biden’s leadership, our economy is in a position of historic strength – and America is back to work.