POTUS To Highlight Positive Impact Of His Agenda For Working People At NABTU Conference
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 25, 2023
PRESS CONTACT: Eileen Garcia, (786) 486-1302, [email protected]
POTUS TO HIGHLIGHT POSITIVE IMPACT OF HIS AGENDA FOR WORKING PEOPLE AT NABTU CONFERENCE
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, President Biden will speak at North America’s Building Trades Unions’ (NABTU) Legislative Conference to highlight the ways his agenda benefits union workers and their families. From the Inflation Reduction Act to the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and the CHIPS Act, the president’s policies are lowering costs, creating good-paying union jobs, and more across the country. Union workers, including NABTU members, are directly benefiting from Biden-Harris investments to expand workforce training, open new manufacturing facilities, and rebuild infrastructure in all 50 states.
“The Biden-Harris agenda is laser focused on improving the lives of working people, including by creating good-paying union jobs that you can raise a family on,” said Building Back Together spokesperson Eileen Garcia. “We’re already seeing the historic impact of this agenda, and President Biden is committed to building on this progress moving forward. While Republicans in Congress want to undo the progress we’ve made, raise costs, and send jobs overseas, President Biden will defend his historic agenda and the gains he’s delivered for working families.”
Over the past two years, President Biden and Vice President Harris have overseen a historic economic recovery.
- President Biden’s economic plan has led to the fastest jobs recovery in nearly 40 years.
- On the president’s watch, 12.6 million jobs have been created – including nearly 800,000 manufacturing jobs.
- This is more jobs created on average per month than any previous president.
- President Biden created more jobs in two years than any previous president did in four years.
- We have regained all jobs lost during the pandemic and added an additional 3 million jobs nationwide.
- Unemployment reached the lowest level in more than 50 years.
- Black unemployment is at a record-low 5%.
- The unemployment rate for Americans with disabilities is at a record low.
- The unemployment rate for Americans without a high school diploma reached its lowest level on record last year.
- The unemployment rate for workers with a high school degree is near a record low.
- More working-age Americans are in jobs today than in any month since 2000.
President Biden’s “Invest in America” agenda is fueling an American manufacturing boom and creating good-paying union jobs across the country.
- Since President Biden took office, we’ve seen more than $435 billion in private sector manufacturing investments nationwide, including:
- Over $200 billion in clean energy, electric vehicle, and battery investments.
- Over $200 billion in semiconductor investments.
- Roughly $15 billion in biomanufacturing investments.
- 16 states have seen the single–largest private sector investments in their history on President Biden’s watch.
- These investments will lower costs and create good-paying union jobs in communities nationwide.
Read more about the positive impact of the Biden-Harris agenda here.
Building Back Together (BBT) is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization that serves as a messaging and organizing hub for national and in-state allies to advance the legislative agenda of the Biden-Harris Administration. BBT works alongside our partners to educate communities across the country about how the Biden-Harris agenda impacts their lives – by creating good-paying union jobs, lowering costs, and fueling economic growth – and contrasting these legislative accomplishments with the harmful plans of Republicans in Congress.