POTUS Kicks Off “Investing In America” Tour In NC To Highlight Positive Impact Of Biden-Harris Agenda Nationwide
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 28, 2023
PRESS CONTACT: [email protected]
POTUS KICKS OFF “INVESTING IN AMERICA” TOUR IN NC TO HIGHLIGHT POSITIVE IMPACT OF BIDEN-HARRIS AGENDA NATIONWIDE
16 states have seen the single-largest private sector investments in their history on President Biden’s watch.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, President Biden is in Durham, North Carolina to kick off a nationwide “Investing in America” tour. Over the next three weeks, senior administration officials will travel the country, celebrating historic funding to create jobs, lower costs, and create opportunity for working families here at home. The Biden-Harris agenda is spurring billions in private investments to support American workers and ensure the U.S. can compete in the technologies of the future.
“President Biden’s agenda is delivering for working people – especially in communities that have historically been left out and left behind,” said Building Back Together spokesperson Olivia Eggers. “On his watch, we’re seeing more good-paying union jobs, lower costs for families, and stronger economic growth from the bottom up and middle out. He’s fighting for the needs of working people in North Carolina and nationwide – unlike Republicans in Congress, whose reckless agenda would kill jobs, raise costs, and undo the economic progress we’ve made.”
President Biden’s “Invest in America” agenda is delivering for working people across the country.
- Since President Biden took office, we’ve seen more than $435 billion in private sector manufacturing investments nationwide, including:
- Over $200 billion in clean energy, electric vehicle, and battery investments.
- Over $200 billion in semiconductor investments.
- Roughly $15 billion in biomanufacturing investments.
- 16 states have seen the single–largest private sector investments in their history on President Biden’s watch.
Today, the president will highlight historic investments in Durham and across North Carolina to expand opportunity for working families.
- Wolfspeed, a semiconductor manufacturer, announced a $5 billion investment to create 1,800 jobs in Durham — a game changer for local families and businesses.
- Since President Biden took office, North Carolina has seen a boom of private investments – over $16 billion.
- This is in addition to $4.5 billion in federal funding for 158 infrastructure projects statewide.
- On the president’s watch, 377,000 jobs have been created in North Carolina, and the unemployment rate has dropped to 3.6% — down 2 points from January 2021.
Read more about the positive impact of the Biden-Harris agenda in North Carolina here.