New Data: President Biden’s Agenda Is Investing In Nevada
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 3, 2023
PRESS CONTACT: Olivia Eggers, (860) 913-1890, [email protected]
NEW DATA: PRESIDENT BIDEN’S AGENDA IS INVESTING IN NEVADA
239,000 new jobs, $8 billion in private sector investments, and 130,000 new business filings under President Biden’s “Invest in America” agenda
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A new fact sheet released by the White House on Thursday shows President Biden’s “Investing in America” agenda has created 239,000 new jobs, spurred $8 billion in private sector investment commitments, brought unemployment down by 3.5%, and fueled small business growth in Nevada, with 130,000 new business filings over the last two years.
On President Biden’s watch, $8 billion in private sector investments is headed to Nevada:
- Redwood Materials is investing $3.5 billion in Reno, creating more than 1,500 jobs to manufacture battery materials for EVs.
- Tesla is investing $3.6 billion to build a new battery facility near Sparks, creating 3,000 jobs building materials for electric semi trucks and cars.
- Lilac Solutions is investing $129 million in Lyon County to support the EV supply chain.
Thanks to President Biden’s economic plan, $1.7 billion in funding for 103 projects across Nevada have already been announced, including:
- Communities statewide will benefit from $1.4 billion to rebuild roads and bridges, modernize ports and airports, and improve public transit.
- Washoe County was awarded $88.9 million to add two lanes to US-395 and create a street along 2.5 miles of North Virginia Street.
- Harry Reid International Airport was awarded $31 million to update baggage handling.
- The Numana Dam Fish Passage Project was awarded $8.2 million to restore fish and wildlife passage.
- The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada was awarded $6.7 million for electric buses.
And President Biden’s cost-cutting agenda saves Nevada families money:
- Over 493,000 Nevadans on Medicare have access to free vaccines and capped insulin costs at $35/month. Next year, they’ll see their prescription costs capped at $2,000/year.
- 96,000 Nevadans have signed up for more affordable health coverage through the ACA Marketplace, saving them thousands yearly thanks to President Biden’s work to lower premiums.
- Over 191,000 Nevada households have access to lower-cost internet through the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- New homeowners in Nevada will save 9.7% on average on their yearly utility bills if state and local governments use new grants to update their building energy codes.
“The numbers are clear: President Biden’s agenda is delivering for Nevada,” said Building Back Together spokesperson Olivia Eggers. “He’s investing in people and places that have historically been left out and left behind. We’re seeing new manufacturing facilities being built in communities across Nevada, creating good-paying jobs that you can raise a family on. When President Biden says he’s fighting for working people, he means it – and he’s going to keep building on this progress to help Nevada families, workers, and small business owners get ahead.”
Read more about the ways President Biden’s Investing in America agenda benefits Nevadans here.