Latest Polling: Build Back Better Agenda Remains Deeply Popular Among Large Majority Of Americans
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 3, 2021
PRESS CONTACT: [email protected]
LATEST POLLING: BUILD BACK BETTER AGENDA REMAINS DEEPLY POPULAR AMONG LARGE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS
Public polling comes as coalition of nearly 100 groups jointly urged Congress to pass Build Back Better Agenda and Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal “this week”
Washington, D.C. — Consistent public polling continues to highlight the Build Back Better Agenda’s enduring, deep popularity with the American people. Both the agenda as a whole, and its individual components, to grow the economy and create good-paying jobs remain strongly supported by voters of all political stripes. This research comes as a broad coalition of nearly 100 groups, including Building Back Together, joined together yesterday to urge leaders in Congress to pass both the Build Back Better Agenda and Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal together, “this week.”
“President Biden campaigned on his Build Back Better agenda that 81 million Americans voted for, and polling shows that Americans overwhelmingly support his plans to lower costs, create good-paying jobs, and ensure the wealthiest and large corporations pay their fair share. Now, it’s time for leaders in Congress to give Americans what they want and deliver on this agenda,” said Building Back Together Executive Director Danielle Melfi. “In fact, our own research shows that Members of Congress who help President Biden pass his agenda can expect to see a double-digit boost at the polls — the public is clearly ready and willing to support their representatives in Washington coming together to pass this agenda into law.”
In fact, polling released yesterday from Invest in America and Data for Progress is just the latest data underscoring the Build Back Better Agenda’s consistent popularity. 61% of voters — including 54% of Independents — support passing this agenda into law, and a majority believe that when passed, the plan will create more opportunity for Americans and millions of jobs, including for Americans without college degrees.
See more recent polling underscoring the Build Back Better Agenda’s support with the American people here:
- ALG Research: “Voters indicate they are prepared to reward members of Congress who support the Build Back Better Agenda, and vote against those who don’t. Battleground district voters say they are more likely to vote for a member of Congress who backs the reconciliation plan by 15 points (52% more / 37% less), and are prepared to punish those who oppose it by 11 points (36% more / 47% less).”
- Navigator: “Three In Five Support Biden And Democrats’ New Economic Plan Regardless of Specific Price Point”
- NPR/Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: “1 in 3 working families is struggling to find the child care they desperately need”
- CBS News: “Most Americans say climate change is a crisis, new study shows”
- Associated Press: “The new AP-NORC/EPIC poll also shows that 55% of Americans want Congress to pass a bill to ensure that more of the nation’s electricity comes from clean energy and less from climate-damaging coal and natural gas.”
- Vox/Data for Progress: Majorities of likely voters support raising taxes on the wealthy and large corporations to pay for the Build Back Better plan.
- Quinnipiac: “Democratic Spending Bills Retain Majority Support, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds”